Saturday, August 7, 2010

Change of Plans

So when I started this blog, I was going to write about a playlist that had a list of songs that I that touched my lives. However, now I am just going to be writing about songs in general-'because I realized that there are times that a song touches me, and then I listen to it later and I get a totally different meaning out of it-and there are more songs every day that hit a chord with me, so it wasn't really fair to just write about a list of songs.


Today, I'm going with a song that most people know (if they watched TV at all in the 90s, they know it). The theme song for "Friends"-The Remembrants sang "I'll Be There For You" and having it be the sticom's theme song propelled it, I believe. I've spent the last few weeks catching up on Friends, and each time I hear the theme song.

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way-your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA. It's like you're always stuck in second gear. When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year-I'll be there for you when the rain starts to pour. I'll be there for you, like I've been there before. I'll be there for you, 'cause you're there for me too."

I'm a senior in college and 20 years old. Listening to this song pretty much sums up my life and a few of my best friends, at the moment. I realy feel as though sometimes my life is just in second gear and I can't get it to go right-it hasn't been my week or my month. But then I've got that handful of people that really make it my day and help me through it. We're all just trying to figure it out together and somehow make sense of it. And get the hang of it, even when there's nothing to hang on to.

Granted, this might be spurred on by the fact that I've really started watching Friends and I've heard this song several times over the past week-but it's pretty cool when a song comes along and describes how you feel. :) Happy listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment